OK, I want a day where we can watch movies that we've all meant to / been meaning to watch, but never got around to it. They can be classics, or new movies, but they've gotta be on DVD/VHS. Following will be my list, add your own afterwards. At the end, I'll compile a massive list which you can vote on (don't vote yet).
The current idea for voting is: "No" to veto the movie, and "Yes" to vote for it. We'll watch the best 5 or so. Anyway, here's my list.
- Blade Runner - Basically "Indiana Jones and a rainy day in Tokyo", this movie and syndicate are what made trench coats cool. Despite that, I still haven't watched it yet.
- Mach!!!!!!!!!!! - The exclamation points are worth it. If you want to watch an action movie with heaps of people beating people up while speaking indonesian, then this is it. I say this not having seen it yet, but I have the greatest confidence from the trailer.
- Return to blue lagoon - Yes, I do want to watch it because it features Milla of an age which it is appropriate for us to have relations.
- Trick or Treat - HEAVY METAL!!!! AND you get to hear Ozzy Ozbourne dressed as a preacher say "These evil people have to be stopped".
- Tron - So I can finally understand that Family Guy joke: "So what are you doing now?", "I'm the Red guy, how about you?", "I'm the blue guy.. Hey, look over there." That and it was released the same year I was born.
- Amelie - Wow, this movie is awesome. First, let's get this out of the way: It's french, and it's a love story (essentially). But it's an awesome movie, and I can't wait to see "A very long engagement". It's subtle, it's cute, and Audrey Tautou is pretty :).
- Spring, summer, autumn, winter, and spring - This one's here because I don't like women and monks on floating temples are cool. Seriously, though, it's korean, and it looks really cool. Deep and Meaningful, if you know what I mean. It also has an asian sex scene. Asians....
- THX1138 - George Lucas' first movie, re-released. It's crap, but I probably ought to see it.
- Masterminds - Patrick... Stewart... etc.